Russian memorial church in Leipzig, Germany
The church was constructed in 1913 to commemorate the battle of Leipzig. To mark the occasion of the 200 year anniversary of the battle of Leipzig, it was partially renovated in 2013. The work ranged from the golden roof to the start of the onion dome.
The difficulty was that the walls of the roof dome consisted of up to 1 m thick brickwork and this had become saturated over 100 years. High levels of vapour pressure can build up and therefore a vapour permeable system was needed.
Type of Installation:
The old cement-based render was completely knocked off and freshly rendered with a lime-cement render. This was followed by waterproofing with AQUAFIN-RS300. Subsequently glass mosaics covered in gold leaf were fixed with UNIFIX-S3 and grouted with CRISTALLFUGE-PLUS. The connecting joints between the glass mosaic and the sandstone bosses were sealed with ASOFLEX-PU45. with the sandstone edges primed with Primer-2000-S.
- Tile laying